PROFIBUS seminar - Siemens

leem2209

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey all,

In an attempt to learn as much as I can about Siemens systems we have at our plant, I've been looking at what training and seminars there are.

I've never been to a seminar related to technology and products before so not sure if it's of any use, but as it's free I've decided to pop along anyway.

The ProfiBus Seminar is in Worcester on the 25th June (or Aberdeen 29th June.)

Link Here if anyone else is interested:
http://w3.siemens.co.uk/home/uk/en/IADT/events/listing/Pages/PROFIBUS-Seminar.aspx

If anyone knows of any other training or seminars that are worthwhile attending, please share.

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:
A seminar for Profibus. A bit too late IMHO.
Profibus is being replaced by Profinet. We have switched 100%.

For an existing Profibus installation I would choose a course with emphasis on troubleshooting. That would be highly relevant since there are many things that can go wrong, and it takes quite a bit of knowhow to pinpoint the causes.

Cost for training is an issue due to being self funded, paying for other training, being a responsible home owner tied into a dreadful mortgage rate, and still wanting a holiday, take the missus out for a nice meal now and again, etc! x-p

So my thirst for learning and development is currently on the cheap! Even if I learn something from it. We have a fair bit of Profibus in the plant.

A seminar for Profibus. A bit too late IMHO.
Profibus is being replaced by Profinet. We have switched 100%.

I disagree with this, when PLC applications are being installed with legacy equipment Profibus knowledge is needed.... not every installation involves 100% of new components.

I would like to attend but unfortunately i'm away on the dates it is on!

Currently we have a bit of Profibus in the plant. There's no plans to make any replacements at all and I highly doubt there will be in the near future. So, to work with what we've got I'd like to know more. And if we do replace it would be nice to know what the system being replaced so that the replacement meets the needs of the machinery.

@Kalle

That document is clearly propaganda for Ethercat.
Profinet is hard deterministic. But only if Profinet components are used.
Profinet is faster than Profibus in almost any application.

@Kalle

That document is clearly propaganda for Ethercat.
Profinet is hard deterministic. But only if Profinet components are used.
Profinet is faster than Profibus in almost any application.

icon12.gif

picture.jpg