Whats needed to build WinCC terminal?

leem2209

Lifetime Supporting Member
One of the things I really want to learn more is creating and editing visual screens on WinCC. I'd like to have a PC and test PLC set up to play about.

I realise I will need the WinCC software, but what about hardware?

Do I need any hardware components for the PC or can I connect over Ethernet to an Ethernet CP card on the PLC?

Or, can I make use of the old Siemens PG I have and connect over MPI via the CPU?

Thanks for any pointers on this....

Mark

I am guessing that you mean WinCC in TIA, not old WinCC v7, or ... ?
Definitely go all-ethernet if possible.
No need for special ethernet hardware. A regular ethernet port in the PC will do.
For WinCC with TIA you need a reasonably uptodate PC, with a not too small display.
SSD will be a big plus.

Forget the old Siemens PG.