Allen Bradley integrated display computer

solojayda3rd

Hello all, I found this Allen Bradley integrated computer in our parts area, CAT number 6181-CGBCBCZZZ. It turns on, has an old RSview me program on it, and I'd like to communicate with it and use it for practice writing RS view programs, however I can't figure out how yet. It has a serial port and Ethernet, but I can't find it in RsLinx from my lapto p(by the way I can see the IP address on the display and that's what I'm trying to find in RSlinx), and I have a copy of RSview ME, but honestly have never used it. If anyone can give me any kind of direction I'd appreciate it, I don't mind doing hours of reading, I've been spending hours trying to communicate.

It's basically like computer more than a panelview, do I use Ethernet and a cross over cable? Serial via our ab UIC adapter? My laptop is running windows xp 32 bit for the RS view. I'm only average with my plc skills and have very little panelview experience, so if there's anything I'm leaving out let me know, thanks. :confused:

Last edited:
I am amazed it still powers on. We had a 50% failure rate on those until I talked the customer into not using them any longer.