Help me to upload program from Micrologix 1400 to My PC

BSBS

Hi
Im new in PLCs
please i need help to make a backup file of a program in ML 1400
what is the way to upload this program to my PC
and if this program with maney LADs, is the single uploaded file containing all of these LADs?

Note
I already have a programming cable and RSlogix 500 installed in the laptop

Thanks

Hi

What cable have you?
What version of RS logix 500 do you have?
Have you installed rs linx and if so what version

Donnchadh

Hi Donnchadh

Thanks for the reply

Actually the company where I work with provide a laptop with
Rslogix 500 v8
RsLinx Standard
Both 1761-CBL-AP00 & 1761-CBL-PM02 are available but I don't know which one to be used?

my boss asked me to make copies for all programs inside PLCs
so I want to be sure to make a copy of what in the PLC and save it to the laptop to use it later.

I'm not a programmer just an electrical engineer works with power transformers , MVSWGR , motors ,transmission lines,control panels,.. etc
All what I need to know for now is how to upload and download the programs
I would be grateful for any assistance.
Regards

Hi

@Mickey
thanks for the reply and the links it's very useful to me and all thinks was cleared

@jkerekes
thanks for reply

i have been very late to be a thankful ,because I'm busy in work
actually a problem has faced me

Our system consist from 4 PLCs all of them running the corresponding machine properly, only one of them running it's machine without any issue but without any status signals in remote HMI screen
when I used a RSlinx to inspect the network I found the PLC icon changed to CPU icon not PLC icon like the other PLCs (please see the image ) .
I can't understand why this happened.
any advise ??
PLC:
SLC 500 slc 5/05 l551

communication :
Ethernet port => stratix 2000 => fiber optic cable =>stratix 8300 => PC using Ethernet cable.

bsbs.jpg

regards

BSBS said:
...when I used a RSlinx to inspect the network I found the PLC icon changed to CPU icon not PLC icon like the other PLCs (please see the image ) .
I can't understand why this happened.
any advise ??...

BSBS,

The difference in icons you are experiencing is usually because of a difference in Operating System (OS) firmware revisions for the SLC processors and it can also depend on which Ethernet driver you are using.

SLC processors at OS FRN 8 Series C or later, while browsing under the Ethernet/IP (AB_ETHIP-1) driver, should display with the smaller CPU icon in RSLinx Classic. It will also display its Status as "Active" rather than "Run", but this is normal.

SLC processors prior to OS FRN 8 Series C should display under the Ethernet/IP driver with the older chassis icon and display its Status as "Run".

Also, an SLC processor at a firmware revision such as OS FRN 8 Series C, that displays with the CPU icon under the Ethernet/IP driver, will display with the chassis icon while browsing under the Ethernet devices (AB_ETH-1) driver.

Your SLC 5/05 1747-L551, at IP address 192.168.111.30, is using OS FRN 11 Series C, which happens to be the latest firmware revision released for all the SLC processors since 2008. That is why it displays the newer CPU icon and says its Status is "Active" instead of "Run".

The other three SLC processors, displayed in RSWho with the chassis icon, must be using an older firmware revision than OS FRN 8 Series C?

If the above is somewhat correct, then at the time of your screenshot above, I can deduce that you were browsing the network using the Ethernet/IP driver?

Right or wrong, see what happens when you browse the same network using the other Ethernet driver?

BSBS said:
...only one of them running it's machine without any issue but without any status signals in remote HMI screen...

Is it the 192.168.111.30 SLC that is not working correctly to a connected HMI or which?

P.s. Welcome to the Forum!

Regards,
George

Last edited: