Pics pro

tommy_bee

Hi all,

I have used PICS PRO in the past combined with Wonderware's DAS servers to communicate with Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC's successfully. I am now trying with Schneider PLC's specifically the TWIDO range at the moment but will also be trying with Quantum in the near future. Has anyone configured a simulation set up like this?
I am using the DASMBTCP server which looks happy enough when I add the TWIDO device to it. Can anyone help how I define the I/O tags in PICS to look at the internal memory bits/words of the TWIDO/Quantum?
If anyone has any recommendations or working examples they would like to share with me I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks
Tom

If you are using 984LL for the quantum there is a loadable called 1x3x that allows you to write to a block of coils and then copy them to the inputs.
I don't know if there is something similar for unity.

Thanks for the reply, I've had a look at some information and that looks like it will be really helpful when I get to the Unity/Quantum programming. Do you have any information on how I would declare the I/O tag in PICS. I've attached an image of how I do it with Siemens. As you can see in the image I am looking at address DB1.DBX64 and is defined DB1,X64 in PICS. How would I look at say %M64 from the Schneider PLC in PICS?

Siemens Tag.PNG

I have managed to resolve the issue and now have PICS PRO talking to my TWIDO TWDLCE40DRF Compact. I have attached some images to show my configuration, hope this helps anyone who is trying to achieve a similar set up. The main issue I was having was that I set my register size in ArchestrA to 6 but it should have been 5!

ArchestrA.PNG ArchestrA_DeviceGroups.PNG ArchestrA_DeviceItems.PNG ArchestraParameters.PNG PICS.PNG

Test_Word is %MW99 in the Twido PLC and 40100 as Modbus Register as you can see from the images it's reading a value of 5 in the PLC and a value of 5 in PICS PRO. Note the Register Size (digits): in the ModbusPLC Parameters is set to 5!

PICS_DDEClient.PNG PICS_IO_Variable.PNG PLC_Value.jpg