Analog output of GE VERSAMAX

MAYOWA FEMI

Good day house, I am having a problem with the analog output of GE VERSAMAX PLC. The analog output is configured to produce 4-20Ma to an I/P transducer which is to control a level valve, on the software side I can see my control variable to the output channel been varied based on the PID control. I have measured my output, but I have no 4-20ma, my analog channel has been configured to read 4-20ma. Please is there anything else I need to do. I suppose the channel is sourcing, even though I have done my wiring for both sourcing and sinking as trouble shooting.

Thanks

Ge-versamax plc analog output problem

Steve,

Thanks for your response, the part number is IC200UAL005, it was not specified in the datasheet if the analog output is sourcing or sinking type, even though I have tried both connection just to troubleshoot it. It has never worked (produce 4-20ma output). Find attached my wiring connection for both sourcing and sinking for the analog output channel.

Thanks.

Hi Femi,

your attached wiring connections diagram both drawings showing sinking connection.By seeing data sheet of IC200UAL005 it is clear that analog output of IC200UAL005 is sourcing channel, file is attached for your reference. For testing propose remove connected wires from IO+ and IC-, write a value between 4096~32767 (4~20mA) for AO through software and connect multimeter to check current output on IO and IC terminals. For voltage connect multimeter on VO and VC terminals don't be forget to rotate Multimeter Knob on Voltage.

Don't hesitate if you have any question.

Last edited:
For to check the Analog output 4-20 ma, you can connect only resistor
50 ohm and see if voltage (0-10v) is changing by output (AQ)

Ge versamax analog output

Tahir,

Thanks for your reply, I actually made a mistake on the scanned attachment, attached is the sourcing wiring connection based on the datasheet. I also move a value in the logic within the range of 4000~32000 to the output channel, I couldn't read value on the channel. Please can you assist to review the drawing perhaps there is a mistake on it.
I really appreciate everyone's response.

Thanks.

I Femi,
I don't have enouth information for to help you (IP tranducer and valve manuals are missing) but it looks that the power supply +24V is not connected corectly and can even damage the analog output of plc.

Did you change from the default hardware configuration? Out of the box, the analog output is configured for voltage, not current.

What address are you using for the analog output? The default address is %AQ0012.

I don't think you need to have the 24 VDC power supply in the circuit with the PLC output and the I/P transducer. Follow awais.tahir's suggestion. Remove the wires to the external devices and connect your multimeter in current mode to the terminals. The write a value to the proper %AQ address and measure the current.