PanelView HMI PLC fault interrogation

hassan786

HI,

Is there a way for the Panelview plus HMI 1250 to look for PLC faults without any tags given to it by the CPU? For example, rack and module faults? Is there any method to program this using factorytalk view?

Cheers.

If you are using a ControlLogix or CompactLogix, then you can use the @Status tag.
That will tell you either "OK" or "Faulted" but not what the fault is.

There are a lot of those predefined items for Logix controllers; you can find help on those by opening the RSLinx configuration dialog first then click the help button at the bottom right in FTView Studio. Look for ControlLogix predefined items.

thanks arlenjacobs..

Is there any literature available which explains the meaning of this @status tag?
And will it tell me the status, "OK" or "faulted", of the PLC CPU or I can tie it to each module aswell?

I have attached the jpeg of how I got to the @status tag.

Cheers

@statustag.jpg

It only tells you the status of the PLC (controllogix or compactlogix).

The @status tag will only give you a string tag based on what the PLC says.
Check Logix5000 help when it gets a faulted status (ex. when a module will cause a faulted PLC).

That tag is a basic status; when it says faulted then you need to dig into it more by using Logix5000. Not as helpful as you want it to be, but better than nothing.