I Gotta Get Me One of These!!!

That looks cool kid!

"$499 until June 15th, then it will progressively increase up to the regular retail price of $999."

Not a bad introductory price.

There's a Polish guy here in work that does extreme climbing regularly and he says he can be up to 2 hours climbing at a time, depending on where he's at. Would you be climbing longer than the 20min flying time limit? If you are, you'd have to be able to catch and carry it the rest of the way. It's nearly 3 pounds in weight ( 2.8lbs (1.3kg)).

Here's a recent review of it at the prototype phase...

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/lily-camera-personal-cameraman/

They seem to have released it earlier than expected according to that review?

But it does look like lots of fun!

G.

It is indeed a marvelous thing, and it looks great too, the price is reasonable, but dont forget, it is impossible to repair anything, the 20 minutes will be just a few times and then it drops down to maybe 10 minutes. Recharging is needed, and cant be done midair.

In meantime trying to solve a problem on a siemens S5-95, what speed is the evolution having

That looks cool kid!

"$499 until June 15th, then it will progressively increase up to the regular retail price of $999."

Not a bad introductory price.

There's a Polish guy here in work that does extreme climbing regularly and he says he can be up to 2 hours climbing at a time, depending on where he's at. Would you be climbing longer than the 20min flying time limit? If you are, you'd have to be able to catch and carry it the rest of the way. It's nearly 3 pounds in weight ( 2.8lbs (1.3kg)).

Here's a recent review of it at the prototype phase...

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/lily-camera-personal-cameraman/

They seem to have released it earlier than expected according to that review?

But it does look like lots of fun!

G.

There is a button on the tracking band to signal it to come to you so you can catch it. I mostly want it for the 360 degree aerial shot at the top and use GoPro for everything else. Will work great for bag jumps also.

Last edited:
What if the No Flight Programming system starts following a bird? Good-bye camera? (Tracking system foul-up)

Even though my business is automation I am still leery of anything automated!

You wear a tracking beacon on your wrist and that is what it follows. It's possible for anything to foul up but how probable is it?

The probability of this things software fouling up and start following something other than its tracking beacon is very low.

The probability of one of our forklift drivers taking out this new control panel we just set today before the contractor can get bollards in place tomorrow is very high :)

I like the scene where he just chucks it off the bridge and it takes off. I wonder how many of the production models will get ruined when people try that without having it charged, turned on, in the right mode, etc.

I predict we'll see a variety of Lily "fail" videos posted on Youtube when this thing goes mainstream.

Last edited:
I like the scene where he just chucks it off the bridge and it takes off. I wonder how many of the production models will get ruined when people try that without having it charged, turned on, in the right mode, etc.

I predict we'll see a variety of Lily "fail" videos posted on Youtube when this thing goes mainstream.

I agree they should make a policy so that the customer has to meet a minimum IQ requirement to be able to purchase the warrany or any extended warranty.

I agree it looks awesome!

But... I did see a review the other day. It was a journalist with the inventor and it did not perform to well then. Problem with the tracking, landing and launching like that. It is pretty darn close to the operator. In the clip it swayed and almost hit him in the face.

One of those things that will be awesome, but I would hold off buying the first release :)