How to re-enable PowerFlex 525 after fault

Michael83

Hi Guys!

I have a problem with re-enable PowerFlex 525 after fault.

I've connected the safety 24V of the inverter 525(S1 and S2) through the safety relay.
When I hit the E_stop I'm loosing 24V on the safety side and the inverters goes faulty.(Fault 059)
I set up the Automatic Reset parameter A541 to value diffrent than 0(says manual),,,so i put insted 1.
but still does't reseting itself.
Only when I will press stop command on the keyboard it's reseting.
I'm not driving the inverter by Ethernet.

If anyone have any ideas, please don't hesitate to contact me.
It's very urgent situation!!!!!!

Thanks a lot!!!!!
Michael

Is your Run Signal to the 525 VFD still on. Most VFDs, including AB VFDs will not Reset until VFD is taken out of Run. This may be what you are doing when you push the Stop Button on the VFD.

Stu....

Hi

Hi

I think the run signal was not necessarily on because I'm using this inverter to run the infeed table.
Sequence looks like:
Move forward 6 seconds then waiting 2 seconds then going backwards 1,5 s and then wait next 10 seconds before it starts moving forward again.

So I think even the drive was waiting this 10 second during the waiting period
(so during this 10s I'm not sending any command from PLC to the drive)
and at the same time when I hit the E_stop,,,,the drive became faulty and didn't reset itself.

Any more ideas?

Many Thanks

HI
I have had exactly the same issue. when Safe Off loses 24vdc default is to hard fault drive. Reset Parameter 105 "Safety Open EN" to FaultDisable. Safe Off will still work. I always test A) to make sure it does disable B) that it does not fault.

Rich

Hi Rich!

So what should I do exactly?
Set the Parameter 105 "Safety Open EN" to FaultDisable,,,it's that right?
If this will solve the problem?

Thanks a lot

yes set P105 to FaultDisable. A&B are simply suggesting that you test first to make sure when you remove 24vdc from safe off terminals that drive intiates a safe off disable/stops. Next confirm that when it stops it does not Fault the drive and auto-resets when you re-power Safe Off Terminals.

Test Always Test Everything during commissioning is my MOTTO.
Cannot test too much.
Rich

Hi All!

Thanks for your advices guys.

It was really helpful, when I set up this parameter t105 everything comes to normal
as it suppose to be.

Mike