What is resolution in a plc

There are a few things that could mean. Time resolution of the PLC clock, the resolution of an analog input or output, the resolution of the PLC software programming screen, the resolution of the different types of floating point data types.

Which kind do you want to know? The answer probably changes a lot depending on what hardware is being used.

Thanks for ur quick reply.
i want to know about Resolution of analog input or output and the resolution of the PLC software programming screen

Thanks for ur quick reply.
i want to know about Resolution of analog input or output and the resolution of the PLC software programming screen

The resolution of the PLC software is usually just your laptop's screen resolution.

For analog cards, depending on the model and brand, they range anywhere from 8 bit resolution to 16 bit resolution. I don't think i've ever seen anything greater than 16 bit resolution, which usually means 15 bits of data and one bit of sign.

For more on using the number of bits to calculate the quantization error, check out wikipedia here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog-to-digital_converter#Resolution

analog signals have like mk42 says a resolution, however when you do calculation with them in INT or real, the resolution can be lower, same for calibration etc.
as most system now calculate with 16 or 32 bits, when you make a DIV it sure is a point of awareness.

The % resolution of an analog card is 1/2^No.Bits. x 100 For example, for an 8-bit card the resolution is 1/2^8 x 100 = 1/256 x 100 = 0.4%

The resolution of the programming software is dependent on your computer screen resolution. The 'bit' or 'int' resolution of the analogue inputs/outputs is dependent on what module you choose.

The IF16C is 16bit unipolar, 15bit bipolar.