G308A230 RedLion communicating with WK6000TS from JMConcept

stiman

Hello guys, i'm a newbie with plcs so I hope you will help me to learn (i'm a student). I have a G308A230 from RedLion and I want it to communicate with a WK6000TS from JMConcept it's an energy analyzer and can communicate through the Modbus protocol, there's also a RS485/TCP-IP converter (the output of the WK6000TS is RS485) with it because the only port available on the G308A30 is an Ethernet port (all the others are used).
So I have a few questions:
Should I use a virtual port with Modbus Universal Master or a normal port with Modbus TCP/IP on Crimson?
Is there a function to know if a device is sending informations to the G308 on Crimson? What are its parameters?
The WK6000TS manual say that its informations (float values) are linked to an adress (starting at 1200), how do I configure my labels? What is the one I should use?
Thanks for your help, it's the last thing I need to make for my school project.