RSNetworx v24

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I've had v21 of RSNetworx installed on my PC for a while, and noted that v24 has been released. Just wonder if anyone knows, are there any version or compatibility issues with upgrading to v24? e.g. I have a Smartguard 600 program created in RSNetworx for DeviceNet v21 - will I be able to open this file with v24? Will I have to upgrade firmware in the Smartguard to go online with v24?

I've never installed a new version of Networx before, and I'd just like to know if it works more like RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, or FTView ;)

No issues that I've run into between v24 and v21. DNT files that I edited in v24 could be opened in v21 (originally developed in v21). I can't imagine why you would need to upgrade SmartGuard to work.

IIRC, install is more like RSL5K. But really, if there is no specific reason to upgrade, I wouldn't bother. BTW, eds file installation remains painfully slow.

Thanks. I don't have a pressing reason to update, but I did read somewhere in a Rockwell technote or release note something about needing to upgrade to v24 in a specific instance. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I always prefer to not end up working it out at 11pm on a Friday night when something doesn't work and going "ah, that's the issue I read about!"