ABB Acs 800 U1 Drive Troubleshooting

Tim Ganz

Does anyone know where I can get a troubleshooting manual for ABB ACS 800 U1 drives? I don't know what to check to determine if they are fully toast.

I have 9 drives blowing 2 out of 3 lines fuses. Not sure what to check. I know many drive makers have manuals that show test points and what values I should be reading to determine what components are damaged.

You posted on another thread same problem
if you blew the fuses on power up then the power components are gone. they can be replaced. Generally the input rectifier is 1 part and the output transistor module is another part and both are soldered to the power board. usually considered not user serviceable. and you don't know if other components are damaged as well. as I said in the other post the drive should be a stock item and can be delivered overnight and have you up and running is a day or two. you still need to determine what caused the failure in the first place or it will happen again.