Question about Unigate Cl Gateway for Ethernet I/P to Serial conversion

arbj

Hi,

I have been using the Anybus gateway AB7007 so far for integrating a serial device with Ethernet I/P gateway. But now I would like to use the Unigate CL Ethernet I/P gateway this one...http://www.deutschmann.de/en/products/fieldbus_iep/protocol_converter/unigate_cl/unigate_cl_-_ethernetip.html

Has anyone got experience with this ?? The anybus gateway had buffer memory for storing data extracted from transactions, so this way the slave serial device did not have to keep up with the high speeds of the network, and could process the received data at its own pace, I wonder if a similar feature is there with the Unigate Cl device ??

Also as we use a proprietary serial protocol (based on RS 485 electrical standards) I need to know if its possible to develop a script on the Unigate Cl device which would interface the serial RS485 device with the Ethernet I/P network.

The custom protocol has some similarities to Modbus RTU but is very different, I know its possible to integrate using Modbus RTU, but what about custom proprietary protocols...??

At present we are able to integrate our custom protocol with Anybus gateways easily, I wonder if the same can be done with the Unigate Cl device ??

I have sent a mail to the company asking for some answers ....

thanks
a