S7 200 Uploading Problem to PC

Nauman

Dear Friends ,

When i transfer the plc program from plc to computer , the program "uploaded" isnt complete or dont contains with its addresses.

Can anyone Help me . The Plc is of Siemens S7 200 and the software that i am using is V3.2 STEP 7 MicroWIN 32

Regards
Nauman

could you check the plc port & cable

Dear Neuman,
Normally,S7-200 easier to write program than another model from Siemens.
When i transfer the plc program from plc to computer , the program "uploaded" isnt complete or dont contains with its addresses.
From your's information I am not sure..you can upload or not...or
can upload (means.. the communication between PC &PLC OK)
Could you check the plc port & cable again. :D

Nauman,

The problem you are seeing is very common to new users. When uploading a program from a PLC to a computer, the descriptions, comments, and labels are NOT included. These only reside on the computer. So to get them you must have a copy of the original program. This continues to be one of the big disadvantages of PLS's. Someday soon, now that memory is cheap and programming time is costly, some PLC manufacturer will introdue a PLC that WILL save the extra data along with the ladder logic....Meanwhile, if you don't have a copy of the original program, you will have to try and re-create the descriptive data, or rewrite the program, or find the person who wrote the original and get a copy.

PLC uPLOADING pROBLEM

QUOTE]Originally posted by Lancie1
Nauman,

The problem you are seeing is very common to new users. When uploading a program from a PLC to a computer, the descriptions, comments, and labels are NOT included. These only reside on the computer. So to get them you must have a copy of the original program. This continues to be one of the big disadvantages of PLS's. Someday soon, now that memory is cheap and programming time is costly, some PLC manufacturer will introdue a PLC that WILL save the extra data along with the ladder logic....Meanwhile, if you don't have a copy of the original program, you will have to try and re-create the descriptive data, or rewrite the program, or find the person who wrote the original and get a copy.
[/QUOTE]

Dear Lancie1 ,

Thats great .... thanks for your reply .I agree with your answer .

Hi Nauman,

If you use the MicroWin 3.2 software,you have require the PC/PPI cable which is communication cable between S7 200 PLC & Computer.

During installation MicroWin 3.2,the computer ask you for installation of PC/PPI cable.If you click "Yes" a PG-PC Interface Window appear in your computer.

In this Window,select the Local Address(Computer Address,Default 0),CPU Address(Communication peer Address,Default 2),Scan time(Put 10ms),Highest Node Address(Default 31).

Select Local Com1 Port(Serial Port).
If you double click on "Communication" icon & "Refresh" the CPU is appear which want to communicate with your Computer.

Now you want to upload program from CPU,you get success.

Note that:earlier system configuration is required,when the program was downloaded.

Thanks.