panelview 1000e

scottsull

I posted here about 5 months ago with a problem and I am back. I am a DCS engineer filling in temporarily for a fellow engineer who is in Iraq and who normally would take care of all PLC's. I have been getting by (barely) but now need some help once again. On monday I need to pull the existing program from an Allen Bradley Panelview 1000E to make a change. I have never done this. I have looked over some of my friend's notes and it appears I am going for a .pvc or .pvd file. I have panelbuilder 1400E on a laptop along with Links.
I also have Panelview32 on the same laptop but as far as I can decipher his notes it says to use panelbuilder not Panelview. Do I have the correct software? Is it real easy to do this? Is it easy enough that someone could give me a quick 1-2-3 this is how you do it or is it really involved? I seem to have no problem nowdays uploading ladder logic, editing and downloading it. Is it about the same? I have the original CD but cannot find a manual for Panelbuilder. I am about to read some from the on disk manuals but....
Thanks in advance for any and all!

It's been many years when I worked on a "e" series PV but I am quite sure you need the 1400e program and NOT the Panelbuilder32.

I think you can set the communication path using direct or through RSLinx. Once you can see the actual hardware on your link, just Upload and Download like you do for a PLC. You can get the manual/quick start guide from Rockwell's site,

http://www.ab.com/manuals/eoi

Look for a shortcut

On your start menu under panelbuilder1400e. It should be called winPFT or something PFT.

This is a quick transfer utility that simply gives you a popup window that allows you to pick upload/download or verify.

That is a quick way to tfr the program. This will startup rslinx if that is how you are going to do the tfr and take care of the upload/download for you.

If you have the laptop with you, look for the shortcut and give it a try. Click help for an explanation of what it does.

Marc

Thanks Harryting and Marc.

I will go in tomorrow and give it a shot.

Have also learned a bit today from the manual on disk.

Thanks again.

scottsull said:
(1) Do I have the correct software?
(2) Is it real easy to do this? Is it easy enough that someone could give me a quick 1-2-3 this is how you do it or is it really involved?
(3) I seem to have no problem nowdays uploading ladder logic, editing and downloading it. Is it about the same?

1. I agree with the others. You probably need PanelbuilderE, or whatever that one is called. It works for the 1000e, 1200e, and 1400e terminals.

2. It's not too hard. You need to upload from the Panelview, which will give you the COMPILED screens. This will have a different file extension than your project files, but you should still be able to open it. I think the screens are the same size, so the conversion should be pretty easy.

3. This isn't like ladder programming. You're assigning tags and building graphics. There's not much code involved. But, some of the concepts are the same: upload/download, verify, N7:xx, etc.

AK

Thanks guy's. It was very straight forward. I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to doing something new not in my field. I miss real hard copy manuals as manuals on disk just don't do it for me.

Once again. thanks!