Logic Controllers

DazJ

Hi All,

I'm wondering which logic controller you would recommend for me.
I require at least 16 inputs and 16 relay outputs, supplied with either 240VAC or 24VDC.

Currently we only have Moellar Eaton EASY controllers and software on site and I can't seem to find a suitable one manufactured by them.

How much do you want to spend?
Do you want a Fiat, Honda, or Mercedes version?
Is this for fun or fir a high $ production facility environment?

I had a quick look on RS and found a Moeller Easy 12 input and 6 relay output module PLC base unit: 443-0124

While this does not meet your IO quantity it does state it can be expanded, however I have no experience with this brand so you would need to verify this

if it is simple proces maybe logo 8 from siemens. it cheap and expandable and has built-in ethernet port.
maybe siemens s7-12xx series for more complex solutions
i'm sure someone can recommend something equivalent from rockwell

"the_msp" we've got a couple of EASY 512-DC-RC already on site so already have the programming cable and software ... can't see any expansion modules for the one you've mentioned.
"balash" thank you , will have a look into the logo 8.
"dmargineau" thank you, will have a look on the rockwell config website

Anyone got any experience with the Schneider Twido.

Last edited:
Because your company is already using these, what you could do:

1 each - Eaton-Moeller Programmable EASY719-DC-RC, 24 VDC, 12 Inputs, 6 Relay Outputs, Expandable

1 each - Eaton-Moeller Expansion Module EASY618-DC-RE, 24 VDC, 12 Inputs, 6 Relay Outputs

The above 2 units would give you 24 Inputs and 12 Outputs. You could go with the 100-240 VAC units and use the equivalent 700 Base with 1 expansion module.

If you need more Outputs, use EASY 819-DC-RC Base Models with built-in EASY-NET network. Up to 8 EASY 800s can be networked together with a 2-wire cable, with each device running its own program OR serving as an I/O expansion module for a central unit.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help with this everyone.

Think I'm going to go down Lancie's route as we've already got these on site so it would be cost effective in the long run