retentive data with compactlogix

wnkook

Hi all,

Searched for everything compactlogix, and now I have mode of my questions answered for my first project with it, but I am going to need to save some parameters to an array. And I'm wondering if there is anything special I need to do to keep them after power-down.

Currently All I see in the 5000 help file is the following, and internet searches have not generated anything yet.

"The information associated with data files (timers, counters, inputs, and outputs) in a program that is preserved through power cycles regardless of the state of the controller."

Any help would be glady welcomed.

Thanks

found the info

Hi all,

Ok under the RS-5000, Help ile I have a vendor project files listing.

From there they have a pdf and some ladder showing how to read and write data to the compactflash card on the compactlogix.

Well this will be used for my machine parameters. But still looking for something simpler like the Omron HR area.

Oh well,

Hope this information is of use to someone else.

The link to an online version of the pdf is below;

http://domino.automation.rockwell.c...aaabc1256e97002e7297/$FILE/CF_File_System.pdf

I am not sure if you are looking for this info, but here how I understand your question:

- If you create controller tag and put munually value in, this value will stay after you removed power and will remain in the memory after power ON
- Exceptions:
- this valuse is overriten by your controller program,
- this value overrtiten by another controller on the same network,
- PLC battery is bad and your program and data will be lost during power-down.

- Compact Flash support for Data files implemented recently in V13 of firmware
It designed mostly to store data and program and recover it if battery fails.
Also it is possible to remove flash card and read theses data files on any PC via CF card reader.