Allen-Bradley Remote access with **** Cosy 131

fasacrifice

Hi All,

I'm trying to remotely access to CompactLogix 1769-33ER via **** Cosy 131.

I've used few Cosy so far with Siemens and they work fine. I did the similar setup everything looks ok but RSLinx can not see the remote network at all.

In RSLinx I choose the "******-eCatcher Connection" as the Configure Driver but no luck

Any experience?

Hi All,

I'm trying to remotely access to CompactLogix 1769-33ER via **** Cosy 131.

I've used few Cosy so far with Siemens and they work fine. I did the similar setup everything looks ok but RSLinx can not see the remote network at all.

In RSLinx I choose the "******-eCatcher Connection" as the Configure Driver but no luck

Any experience?

And also Why do I get this "***"? It's brand name and this editor blocks it. I've tried to edited it but blocked again. The name is e w o n

Hi,

Recently used the **** cosy without issue. Have you tried using the standard Ethernet driver in RSLinx [ETH] instead of the Ethernet/IP [ETH_IP]? It works ok for me connecting to several AB processors (you just have to type the IP of each PLC you wish to connect with.

I believe **** may share its name with something drug related, hence the blocking!

Regards,

Rob

Hi,

Recently used the **** cosy without issue. Have you tried using the standard Ethernet driver in RSLinx [ETH] instead of the Ethernet/IP [ETH_IP]? It works ok for me connecting to several AB processors (you just have to type the IP of each PLC you wish to connect with.

I believe **** may share its name with something drug related, hence the blocking!

Regards,

Rob

Thank you so much. I've used "Ethernet Devices" as driver instead of EtherNET/IP and works ok now. Only thing is I have to put all the devices' IP address manually in the system.

And also Why do I get this "***"? It's brand name and this editor blocks it. I've tried to edited it but blocked again. The name is e w o n

It's convoluted.

It's likely embedded into phpBB Bulletin Board code, the code used for creating most internet forums (undoubtedly this one too) and before that, chat rooms. Back in the early years of BBs, there was a type of mocking derogatory comment meant to put down new inexperienced users, which started off as "epic win" and morphed into "e p i n" where it eventually became banned from use in BBs because it discouraged new users from wanting to take part and threatened the very existence of BBs and chat rooms. But people who insisted on insulting new users kept changing it slightly to get around the bans and as an inside joke amongst each other. So e p i n, then e b i n, then through several more morphs (some say by Asians), that became e w o n. Each time they did it, phpBB coders added the morphed versions to the banned list. Unfortunately for that company, they chose a name that was already on that list.