Help loading FFL from different data sources

GTUnit

Hi guys. I need to figure out a way to load a FIFO from 2 different tags.

I have 2 strings that need to get loaded into a buffer. (my FIFO)
Order does not matter.
Timing does not matter.

I have 2 scanners.
Scanners dump data to PLC.
PLC creates an Ethernet message to send data outside system.

I have only 1 socket connection available to send data from both scanners.
Therefore I need to sequence both scanner STRINGS into the Msg SEND buffer. (my FIFO)

When a scanner gets new data is sets a "New_Data" bit.
Whenever a scanner gets new data I want to load it into the FIFO.

Any ideas on how to put data from 2 separate tags into 1 FIFO ?

Just copy the data from tag 1 into a buffer tag, then load the buffer tag into the FIFO. Then copy the data from tag 2 into the same buffer tag, and load it into the FIFO as well.

You can use as many FFL instructions as you want with different data sources using the same control address. Each time an FLL is executed it simply adds to/changes the control tag information. A previous employer did this to capture multiple diagnostic occurrences (some in the same scan) for later unloading by a PC. The first time I looked at it I wasn't convinced but it does work pretty slick. If you are going to try and load multiple occurrences in a singe scan you would need to explicitly unlatch the enable bit.

Keith