Array Confusion

Rory_harry

Hi All,

I am currently doing a project using AB RS Logix 5000 software and Intouch V10.1 SP3. I am using a 2 Dimension array function in the PLC and cannot read a REAL value on the intouch and I think the Tags Item Name is my problem. Do you know the format in which it shoiuld be, an example is below.

PLC Array Name is: Oil_Type_Row[0,2] (0,2 Being the position of the array and the REAL value i want to read in Intouch)

Intouch Item Name I'm thinking could be something like Oil_Type_Row[0,2] Or Oil_Type_Row[0][2] but these do not work.

Is it possible to read an array position in Intouch?

Thanks.

What are you using for your. IO server? The DASABCIP driver? You should be able to browse a list of tags if my memory serves me right.

Are you able to read any other simple tags?

The tag must be in the controller scope from memory. It's been about 4 years since I've last used this though!

I don't think Intouch has a way to explicitly dereference an array element in WindowMaker. I THINK you will need to create a single Archestra tag like Oil_Type_Row_0_2 and in the data server configure that to reference Oil_Type_Row[0,2] in the plc for each array element you want to view.

Keith