Problem with Omron Syswin software

gregblack

It seems Syswin uses output instructions to compare values between words, rather than input instructions, which is something I've not yet seen.

Anybody know how I can examine the results of the comparison? All the help tells me is it sets flags in something called "SR", but the help doesn't elaborate.

Thanks.

Hi,
I,ll assume you are using an Omron C Series PLC.
The flags used are -
255.05 Greater Than
255.06 Equal
255.07 Less Than
These flags will be set according to the results of the comparison. They will remain in that state until another comparison instruction is encountered within the Ladder program.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, will try it out tonight at work.

Unfortunately the pdf file from mrplc.com doesn't work for me.

It seems to me to be an odd way to go about comparing values. Unless I'm missing something, it seems a clumsy and non-intuitive way to do it, not to mention extra work.

Hi,
I,ll assume you are using an Omron C Series PLC.
The flags used are -
255.05 Greater Than
255.06 Equal
255.07 Less Than
These flags will be set according to the results of the comparison. They will remain in that state until another comparison instruction is encountered within the Ladder program.
Hope this helps

But doesn't that mean that there cannot be used more than one comparison instruction in the whole program? Doesn't the second comparison ruin the first one?

For example if the program goes something like this:

LD 000.00
CMP DM0100 #0010
LD 255.05
OUT 010.00
LD 000.00
CMP DM0101 #0010
LD 255.05
OUT 010.00

HI BANGO:
I think you are about 4.5 years Late ?????
Please look at the posting date.

Old post, yes, but Bango is asking a valid question. Perhaps this link will help

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?download=216

As Paulus said a LONG time ago:
"They will remain in that state until another comparison instruction is encountered "

You may use many compares in your program. The state of the flags stays the same from below the first compare until it encounters the next Compare.

Hope this helps