Factory Talk View Numeric Input

gerrymouse1

Hello,

I have developed an application in FTView V8.0 that talks to a third party OPC server called INAT. I want the end user to have the ability to change a setpoint value through a Numeric input.

The value that is being read into the application is in the length of 5 characters (Eg. 16500). I display this on the application as 165.0 Deg C on a numeric display.

However, I can not display this through a Numeric input as I can not use the expression function to divide the value by 100. I am also struggling to understand how the end user will be able to type in something like 175.5 Deg C. As this will not function correctly as it will send 175 to the input over OPC and end up with a temp of 1.75.

Any help really appreciated. Will I need to do this all through VB Script or am I missing something in the application.

Regards,

Gerry

Are you trying to read/write it directly?
Is the value coming in as a string of characters? Can you change it to just be a real number?
If you can read/write it as a real, put it in the tag database, and do the scaling there.

Direct-addressed tags are just evil.

I have never done that before. Something new to investigate.

This is a Network Distributed application. Do you mean add them into the HMI Tags folder under Tags?

I added the tag and was able to implement the tag into the graphic.

However, I can not figure out where to scale the tag.

Sorry for the stupid questions!! :(

And thanks for the help

You can scale the tag right where you define it in the tag database.
If you need more customization, you can create a derived tag, and perform the math there as well.

You were 100% correct. The scaling and Offset option only becomes available when you select the data as Analog.

Tested this now and it is working perfectly.

Now to get my student to build 30 graphics!!!