Analog scaling and config

roni

Hi,
thanks to all those who replied me.
Please direct me to the correct way to getting some temperature reading on HMI.
i'm using 1769 PLC and panelview plus compact 400 HMI. RSlogix5000 is the software for PLC and Factorytalk View ME (7.0) for HMI.
what i need is to read 70degF(4ma)160DegF (20ma) in the PLC. i dont know how do i get this.
i tried to do it as attached.
Any reply is highly appreciated

Thanks,
Roni

temp reading.jpg analog config.PNG scale.jpg

Go to the AB web site and download the SCLP add on instruction. You can then scale your analog card raw data into what ever range you want.

I would start there.

Edit: sorry I didn't see that you already had a SCP AOI. If no one answers your questions I will look at this more later and post back.

Last edited:
Had a chance to look quickly at what you have done.
Check your input min and max on you SCP instructions. In one the min and max are the same number and on another you have the min at 20000 and the max at 4000. That appears to be backwards. Also why do you have two SCP in a row? They are both scaling the same input channel. You shouldn't need more than 1 instruction per input channel.