PLC 5, save data to excel?

asteroide

Hello friends

I have a PLC5/20, I need to save 2 tags to a excel datasheet.

This tags are: barcode, press force.

I need to save the barcode and press of every part.

how can I do that?

Thanks in advance

There are dozens of ways to that. Just depends on what you are willing to pay for software to do it. What kind of budget do you have? There is also that free HMI that I am sure would do it.

Hello

Thanks for your responses.

The budget is limited, but the company could get a RSlinx License.

I have open the Excel PLC Event Logger that OkiePC has posted, but when Ecel tries to open RSlinx a message appears:

Cannot run "RSLINX. EXE". The program or one of its components is damaged or missing"

RSlinx Gateway is installed in this PC and its working ok.

What could be?

How can I use this worksheet?
Where I configure the connection?
Where I configure the tags?

Thanks again

I did not examine that excel file in the link I posted, but I expect that you should need to make adjustments for it to work in your particular situation.

If you open the Help file in RSLinx and search for "Excel OPC" there should be some advice for how to set up an OPC topic pointed at your PLC.

The cause of the error and the details of how to record the data may require picking apart the VBA code in the excel workbook. (I assume there is some code behind the scenes that attempts to open RSLinx and set up the topic.) I do not have Excel here at home, and Open Office Calc does not use VBA so I did not bother to try and check it out for myself.

I have done something similar in the past, but in my case I did not have quite enough error handling to make it ready for publishing. I also found that even when everything was perfect, RSLinx or Excel would hang at least once per week. I was only doing the "cheap and dirty" logging as a trial to see what I could learn and also to save operations management from having to go around with a notepad to all the machines and write down numbers. When it worked it was a time saver for them, but it was not worth any more of my time to make it more reliable.

If you want something you can count on day in and day out and it needs to become part of your operation that you rely on, then go with a higher end solution.

You version of RSLinx does support DDE/OPC, so what you are trying to accomplish is feasible and if you hash out all the details and possible errors, it might be worth the effort depending on how valuable your time is.

Last edited:
RSLinx list prices according to Proposal Works:
$563 9355-WABSNENE RSLinx Single Node - Concurrent Part Number
$1130 9355-WABOEMENE RSLinx OEM, CD - Concurrent Part Number
$2380 9355-WABGWENE RSLinx Gateway, CD - Concurrent Part Number