Organizing a PLC Lab

Imanhz

Hi,
We are planning to establish a PLC training lab in our university, based on Siemens products. I have already prepared some virtual plants using LabVIEW and OPC protocol and checked it with STEP7 5.5 ans S7-300 CPU series. Now I decided to buy some S7-1200 PLCs, because they are brand-new and relatively cheaper. But I have no experience about them. I know that these series use TIA 2012.

I would like to know that to what extent S7-300 PLCs could be replaced by S7-1200 series? The lab plants are relatively small-sized and don't need specific processing capabilities.

Besides this, as I never installed a PLC by myself, I would like to know what is necessary for a basic PLC installation? As I know, for a CPU like 314-2DP, a power supply, a memory card, a PG/PC interface and a rail are needed. Anything else needed for such installation?

Thanks.