Siemens Comfort Panels - Synchronize recipes

edda

Hi everybody!
Is there any way to synchronize recipes across several Siemens Comfort Panels? Without any overhead server etc..

E.g. If I add or change a recipe in panel 1 it will automatically add it to panel 2?

Best Regards

I don't know of a way to do it between the panels, but you may be able to do it by storing them in the PLC instead of the HMI.

What if you select "Tag Synchronization" on all the HMI's via the recipe setup/propertis? (it may work as you won't have to do anything with the PLC).
No Siemens software right now so I'm not sure what the right term is (tag synchronization or something else).
Not sure, just a suggestion!!

I'm pretty sure tag synchronization has to do with how the tags are communicated to the PLC, but it might happen to work. I've never gotten a good answer as to what specifically those three options do. Somehow every project i'm in wants to handle recipes differently, and each time practically have to try random combinations until it does what I want.

I know it is possible for HMI's to read each other's tags (via HTTP or OPC), but I don't think there is an automagic way to sync recipes between panels. I bet it could be done in scripting, but that usually takes some knowhow.

Scripting may work, though, you will need the PLC as the scripting tags for each panel are internal.
The "Master" tag(s) should reside in the PLC.
That will be the trigger to run the script on all panels upon a trigger coming from a single panel (update values or such).
A bit confusing but it may work.
Not sure how this will work, just throwing it out there.
Not sure if it will even work!!!