GE Quick Panel+ Scripting

patrickpuente

Hello
I have a system that I am setting up with New quick panel+ 15 inch and PAC RX3I's. My issue is I am trying set a bit in the PACs when a specific user is logged on. I created a tags in the PAC with associated the users. I am new to scripting and having trouble. Has anyone done this before? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

Use the System Variable #UserName to set the bit associated with your User, or maybe use #AccessLevel for all users of that Access Level.

UserName.jpg

Thank you Russ
I can see the user data which is good. I just don't know scripting very well, do you know an easy way to set a bit into PLC when a specific user logs in? I've tried a couple scripts but they wont work.

Thank you
I created this script which is not working(I don't script much)

IF String(UserName)= "PPUENTE" THEN
User_LogOn_Tracker.Value = 1

ENDIF

Im sure it completely wrong , what am I doing wrong?

In the following example "CompareValue" is an integer in the Quick Panel target, "Logged_In_Operator" is a string in the PLC target and "Charlie_Boolean" is a Boolean in the PLC target.

The "StringCompare function returns a value of -1 in "CompareValue if the value in "Logged_In_Operator" precedes the literal string "Charlie" alphabetically, a value of +1 if it is later alphabetically, and zero if the two strings are identical.

CompareValue := StringCompare Logged_In_Operator, "Charlie"
IF CompareValue = 0
Charlie_Boolean := 1
ELSE
Charlie_Boolean := 0
ENDIF