Lost Communication with Module

nikbhatia2006

HI Guys,

I am new to this forum and new to the world of PLC. Just started my career.

I want to know how can I set the inputs, outputs and the analog bits to zero if the modules lose communication with the controller. We are using a compact logix controller L43S and the remote modules are of Bechoff BK9105 connected through Ethernet.

Can some one help me??

Thanks in advance.

Nikhil

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum!

The system's Inputs are providing field relevant information while the Outputs will follow the user program "decisions".
First detect the communications loss to the module (http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=80298) then write your program in such way that the communications functionality is being evaluated at all times; when you detect a comms fault turn off/write 0 all/to the related system Outputs.
The system Inputs are not really relevant here if the system is "aware" of the communications loss.