AB Kinetix, changing scaling units

pulu256

Hello,

first post here and first question.

I'm currently using a Kinetix 5500 drive, in Logix Designer I can set the scaling units and values.
What I need is to be able to switch from millimeters to inches and change the scaling value without having two or more different plc programs. Is it possible to do it using an instruction?

Thank you

Yes you can but why would you?

when my client needs this I use mm internally and have a scale divisor that = 1 if mm and 25.4mm if inches for all operator displays
I naturally use SI units and can set up all limits and understand the drive velocity and acceleration values in mm/s etc, if I was to use inch that would slow down my fault finding and commissioning.

If you do look want to change the scaling on the drive look at the GSV instruction

+1 for MichaelG's answer.
Stick to one set of units in your program, and then just scale them as appropriate for the user. That is easy to switch on the fly.