Zelio Relay Help

BullyFan009

Hi, I'm new to the site and was looking for some help with Zelio ladder logic.

I'm an electrical apprentice and am currently in training and my instructor gave me a project that I'm having trouble with.

The scenario is that a start button is used to start a pump, and after the pump has been started 3 times, it supposed to switch over to a second pump. Once the second pump has been started 3 times, it switches back over the first pump and back and forth.

I have never used the counter function on the zelio relay and am having trouble getting it to switch back over to the first pump after the second has been started 3 times.

Any help would be appreciated

It always helps to zip and post what you have done so far. You might want to consider using one counter that counts to 6 and then resets. Let the pump start button do the counter triggering. Only switch on one at the time by using a compare greater than or equal to 4 turn on 2nd pump start enable and use opposite state of same compare instruction to turn off 1st pump start enable. Maybe this isn't a very clear description but will help you get started.

This must be the year that all the instructors switched to Omron Zens and Schneider Zelios - worked down to the Z's.

It always helps to zip and post what you have done so far. You might want to consider using one counter that counts to 6 and then resets. Let the pump start button do the counter triggering. Only switch on one at the time by using a compare greater than or equal to 4 turn on 2nd pump start enable and use opposite state of same compare instruction to turn off 1st pump start enable. Maybe this isn't a very clear description but will help you get started.

That will help me get started, thanks. Unfortunately I'm not able to use the software at home and also was only given a manual for Allen Bradley software, so it's more of a trial and error project.

Unfortunately I'm not able to use the software at home.
Learn to be proactive and get the tools you need to do the job, as with any work project.

Buy or borrow a computer and download a free copy of the Schneider ZelioSoft 2 software. Then you can use the built-in simulator to test your programs. You can upload a manual for the Zelio, but the software has an extensive Help file that includes most of the User Manual.

Here are the ZelioSoft rungs for Pump 1, with corresponding Counter 1 that counts to 3. Copy Rungs 2 and 3, then convert for Pump 2 and corresponding Counter 2 that counts to 3. Then add a rung that resets both counters when C2 = 3 (C2 counter bit is ON).

2-Pump Start Sequence- BullyFan009.jpg

Last edited: