FTView Refresher

Tweeker

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am setting up alarms and the triggers. I want to use the bits of a DINT for my triggers. So, under the Triggers tab I have selected my DINT tag in the controller and selected the Trigger type as Bit. Under the Messages tab I have my alarm messages and the trigger selected. The users guide tells me that my value should be the "bit position". What exactly does this mean? Would the values then be 1,2,4,8,16,32...? Or would they be 1,2,3,4,5...?

Thanks

It means that the FTV Alarms Server is monitoring the states and positions of the designated Alarm Trigger DINT components (32 BOOLs).
Align your ladder logic alarms generating code starting with the Alarm Trigger DINT Bit 0 OTE (then Bit 1 OTE, Bit 2 OTE, etc.)and then list the FTV Alarms editor Alarm Messages starting with a Value of 1 then 2, 3, 4, 5, etc....
It is slightly different than the old PView/PB32 Alarm Word Value setup.

Thank you. It seems I remember at one point where I had to change the trigger to a bit level under the messages tab.