omron solar inverter error islanding passive

Kataeb

we have the following solar inverter, which is tripping every few seconds, with error E1-5 (Islanding passive).
What could be the real cause? Anyone experienced and solved this issue?
We checked the manual, and did not find any problem with the below points!

inverter: KP100L-OD-EU , solar grid-tie inverter 10 kW , OMRON

error E1-5: Islanding passive

Situation: Islanding operation detected by passive method due to error in the power from the grid.

Possible Cause: 1. AC connection is not correct. 2. Grid condition is weak or unstable. 3. Other high-power consumption device is affecting the grid system. 4. Inverter is abnormal.

Remedy for User: 1. If this problem occurs seldom (such as 1 time a day), no action is necessary. Operation will restart automatically when the grid voltage returns to normal. If the problem occurs frequently, do the following actions: 2. Find the device with high power consumption near your AC system. 3. Consult your utility power supplier, understand the grid conditions. 4. Ask help of your installer.

Remedy for Professional: 1. Check the system connection including polarities and security first. 2. Find the devices with high power consumption near the AC system. 3. Consult the utility power supplier, understand the grid conditions. 4. Use Inverter software to monitor the frequency and voltage. 5. If the situation is not improved, please replace the Inverter.

Is the inverter output connected to a large electricity distribution network with many sources of generation, eg 'the grid'?

If not there is your problem.

If it is connected to the grid then it sounds like the issue is power quality on the grid making the inverter think it is operating islanded. Grid-tie inverters 'follow' the grid frequency but if it can't figure out what the grid frequency is it will think it is islanded.

And if you are operating off-grid (stand-alone unit), you should change the operation mode, so the inverter controller does not look for grid power.

yes, it is connected to an electricity distribution network with two alternative sources of generation, either a diesel generator, or main state electric supply.
today, we tried another inverter, and it gave error over frequency.
we are trying to change the country in the parameters of the inverter, but we have limited options, less than ten. is it possible to choose customized settings for the country? how?

maybe you have a 50 Hz inverter but 60 Hz network? What is the measured range of frequency and voltage on your distribution network?

You will probably have to read the manual for the inverter or contact omron, unless someone here has worked with that exact model of inverter before nobody will know the specifics of how it can be configured.

our supply is 50hz 380vac. actually the problem is happening when we supply from our old generator. it is giving some fluctuations in voltage values, especially when other big machines start and stop. we changed some parameters inside the inverter to let it accept these variations, but till now no luck. fortunately, the inverter is working well on the state electric supply, which is present half of the day.

Your problem is that your generator is not sufficiently stable for the inverter, the frequency is moving too much or too fast for the inverter to track. It was not designed to run connected to only a generator. In reality, you are running in island and the inverter has detected this and has acted correctly

V0N_hydro first said:
Is the inverter output connected to a large electricity distribution network with many sources of generation, eg 'the grid'?

If not there is your problem.

The only way to fix this is to get more generators connected when the grid has failed but I guess that is not going to happen.

I have a feeling that someone had the bright idea of supporting the generator with solar to increase capacity and is a bit cross that its not working.;)