Dosbox and pcis

pdacosta

Hello
i have finally got dosbox and pcis working properly and communicating with the slc. Dosbox did not like the usb to serial convertor i was using. Now the problem i'm having is finding the right path to the prrogam for the slc 150. I have the program located on c, in a folder named shredder. I can't seem to get pcis to find the file????
Any help please!!!

It has been several years ago, but there is a way to pick the path in PCIS. It might be that you have to literally type it in first. If I was sitting right in front of it, I would remember. Perhaps there was a menu option (funtion key) to set the path first, then you type it in...

Also, in DOSBOX settings (again, it has been many years) you might be able to set the default path that is used by the PCIS software. I seem to recall moving my PCIS files to a folder on the root of C:\ because I had to type in the path name each time I used PCIS. I only had to use it a handful of times though. Somewhere in a thread on this forum, I believe there has been placed a link to the PCIS manual, and/or the SLC100/150 manuals which may give more information.

Thanks for your reply, i finally figured out how to find it (sort of)!!
I wrote the program over in pcis,(only 20 rungs) and then saved to disk. After that whenever i read from disk all the other copies of the program and any others in pcis format also appeared. Will still look for a way to find the actual path and i will make sure the programs are on the root of c drive. Thanks again