Using alm_tags_inalm() For A Multistate Indicator In Factory Talk

martyqotsafan

Hi guys,
In this project we have a PLC for each room monitoring the status of different devices,so there is seven rooms and seven PLCs. Currently we have alarms setup for each PLC and all alarms can be viewed on the Factory Talk SE network station Scada. In the SCADA we have a master page with seven buttons for all the rooms. The client has gotten back to us asking that we have an indicator around each button which will flash when there is an active unacknowledged alarm associated with that room. Sounds easy right!

To so so I put a multistate indicator, which is slightly larger than a button, behind each button. Then in the connections I entered
alm_tags_inalm_unacked(CLX_ROOM7/ROOM7*)>0 so that when there is more than zero unacknowledged active alarms it will be in state 1 thus going red alerting staff that there is an alarm associated with that room. The CLX_ROOM7 is the folder containing the associated tags in the tag browser and the ROOM7* is the text within the tags that I wish the function to look for.

I'm missing something pretty basic and stupid as usual. Any help or even an example of how any of you used the alm_tags_in.... function would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Instead of using a multistate indicator, use a single button and use animation to only make it visible when its true. I find that the using the Logical, function, etc buttons on the animation popup help keep my syntax in order better. Not in the program right now but I think it would look something like ... If alm_tags_inalm_unacked(clx_room7/room) > 0 then 1 else 0 ... then just make the choices for colors for the colors of 0 and 1.