s7-300 input/output cards

rob63

Just wondering what the two white/cream looking dials are behind the the terminal connector?

Are they in different positions depending on the card?

What do the different numbers refer to?

they are on different position on different type card. So if you remove several and different terminals from rack, then you can install them back only correct order. (and wiring is connected to correct card.)
You can also give own number, so if you have several same type terminals, wiring can't go wrong if cards are changed/removed.

Last edited:
S7-300 I/O Cards

These are for keying, every card has a swiths, so does every swing arm.
The switch on the card should be put in a unique position to avoid misplacing.
The switch position on the card should match the switch position of the swing arm, so that the swing arm properly docks on the card.

Regatds,