Directsoft

fortyftnhooks

Hi, my name is Rob. It's my first time here. I haven't used Directsoft before and I've never actually programmed a PLC. Anyway, I can't figure out how to add a rung branch with an XIC instruction inside it. Can someone help? I have attatched a portion of my simulated program here so you can see what I'm looking for at the beginning of the first rung. I need to get this done ASAP for school. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Place the cursor on the instruction you want the branch to be under. Press CTRL - Down Arrow. You'll get a line going down on the left side of the instruction. Enter your new contact. The cursor is now to the right of the just entered instruction. Now press CTRL - Up Arrow to complete the branch.

(The CTRL - Arrow key combinations are the 'draw a line' keys. CTRL - SHIFT - Arrow keys are the 'erase a line' keys. These are in the menu under 'Edit' - 'Wire')

Also search for 'Draw Wires' in the help section.

Last edited: