Wonderware installation

jaconovo

Anybody with advice please?
I am trying to create a new application in wonderware.
It is on a windows 7 platform. I did a new wonderware installation on the computer and on trying to create the application, I get a message, "unexpected failure (8000ffff) caught in line 856 in creategalaxy". I am unable to create a new application!! I tried to remove and reinstall wonderware, did a format of the computer and reinstalled wondows 7 as well as wonderware, disabled the firewall etc. I am at wits end.

Thanks

got this from tech support online:
Unable to create a Galaxy. Error: "Class not registered (8004154) caught . . . in CreateGalaxy.cpp"

SR NUMBER

ANSWER

ISSUE: Unable to create a Galaxy, gets an error class not registered . . . CreateGalaxy.cpp
CAUSE: The SQL Server Database Management Objects (SQL-DMO) was removed starting with the SQL Server 2008 R2 release. For SQL-DMO support, install the Backward Compatibility Components from the SQL Server 2008 Feature Pack from the Microsoft Download Center.
RESOLUTION: Resolved by copying the missing files from a working system, then registering the SQLDMO.DLL
Checked a working and observed that the customer's system did not have some files (SQLDMO.DLL and other files, or the Resources folder) in the following folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn (the SQLDMO.DLL was approx 4 MB. Registered this DLL with the regsvr32.exe located in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64)
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn (the SQLDMO.DLL was approx 6 MB. Registered this DLL with the default Start/Run regsvr32)
Copied the files from the working system. After registering the SQLDMO.DLL the Galaxy Create was successful.

TYPE

Diagnostics

OPERATING SYSTEM

Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2012
2008 R2 SP1 Standard, Enterprise(64 bit)

DATABASE

SQL Server 2008 R2
SQL Server 2012

Legacy Details

Applies to 64 bit OS with SQL 2008 R2 and later (newer)