Epson Robot question

MartB

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know how to flash an output?
I have a push button light that I'd like to flash on & off when it needs pushing.

I have tried

If MemSw(MachineRun) = 0 And MemSw(ALARMING) = 0 Then
On StartLight, 0.1
EndIf

But it just flashes once and never again (even though the conditions are correct).

If anyone knows a better method I'd love to hear it - thanks.

The code did exactly what you told it to do. Now think of how you can repeat the same thing over and over again if the condition are correct....

Try this:

Code:
Do While (MemSw(MachineRun) = 0 And MemSw(ALARMING) = 0)
   On StartLight, 0.1
   Wait 0.1
Loop

Hi

Don't put this in the main program, as the Epson robot is a multitasking controller check out XPT instruction

Donnchadh

I do have it running in a XQT (,nopause) task.
I always reserve the main task for critical tasks only.

I did try it originally with a Do - While loop, but that didn't work as expected either.
I'm re writing a bunch of code today to try and tidy up the program execution in general, so I'll give it another shot once it's all restructured.

Update:
After a rather extensive re-organization of the code, we found the original code we had tried worked perfectly in a separately executed routine (which is how we tried it before).
Obviously we were missing something that was stepping on the code somewhere else and not allowing it to work as intended.

Thanks to everyone for their input.