Crimson 3 Download Problem

califflash

I am doing some development on a new HMI database on a G310C210. I was updating incremental changes on my test unit just fine and now I cannot update my unit over USB or Ethernet.

Normally when I plug the unit into my computer via the device port windows automatically recognizes the g3 and lets me download to it. It no longer does this. I held down the 1st and 2nd soft keys during power up and cleared the database and I still cannot connect.

I then reconfigured the IP address settings and attempted to update via ethernet. I get an error stating that Crimson cannot open the communications port.

Finally, I tried all this again with a different, known to be working computer. I can ping the g3 panel but just can't download to it.

Has anyone else seem similar behavior?

I have suffered thru similar. I think it is a one time glitch of some sort.
copy your crimson database to the SD card (as image.cdi). put the SD inthe crimson device then download.
RedLion tech support may have better ideas.

There may also be some dip-switches on the back of the unit that can be toggled (I forget the pattern) before powerup that will cause the HMI to clear itself.

This happened to me twice doing a update via a VPN on a Graphite Unit. One time I had to send the unit back to Red Lion because it wouldn't respond to me at all.

You may have to do the same. I was told by my Distributor that Red Lion has some kind of boot file that they will send you or is online to fix the G Series units. You may be able to get that file from Tech Support.