PanelView Plus Alarm messages using PLC Strings

Hey everyone, I was getting tired of having to do a compile and download the application every time I needed to add a new alarm to a PanelView Plus (PVP+ 1000 FW5.1). I decided to create a string array in my Contrologix PLC (L61) and use the string tags in the alarms Message column with this method: /*S:0{[CONTROLLER]TAG_ARRAY[ALARM_NUMBER]}*/

The machine is setup to only display a single alarm at a time so there is only one trigger wich is a DINT and for each trigger value there's a message. There are over 1300 different alarms.

This is working and the alarms are displaying but now the HMI is super slow to refresh, even when the alarm banner is not openned.

I'm guessing the HMI is reading the Strings array continuously even if it does not need to.

Any insight on how to prevent this would be much apreciated.

Thanks!