Upgrading PV PLus to 5.1

Patient

Hi,

I've been struggling at bit trying to upgrade these screens from 5.0 and 4.x to 5.1. I've tried using the Ethernet connection (using panelview file transfer utility) option from the FUW and it says it can't find it. I can ping it and download screens to it but using FUW Ethernet won't work.

If that solution goes no where my other question would be. Can I use my usb thumb drive as a CF card and use that to upgrade firmware?

After getting a bit further I have tried to use a compactflash card to upgrade to 5.1 (from 5.0). Has anyone received a windows error 0x000000c1 failed to run autorun.exe??

I tried plugging a keyboard in and running the exe from the storage card directory using ctrl-shift-alt-windows to no avail. I was tempted to run exes in the upgrade folder but thought that was a bit too risky. Any advice??

I found the solution and realized that I was trying to over complicate the easiest of tasks. To anyone having a similar error Autorun failing to start or FUPs not showing up when you connect to a screen. It's because you have downloaded the wrong FUPs for your hardware.