Word shift in RSlogix 5000

Jasondelane

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've got three INT words in RSLogix 5000 Version 12.06. They are Sawset, Sawset1, and Sawset 3. I have three momentary pushbuttons set to assign a decimal number to "Sawset". This is working fine.

I have another pb assigned to move the current INT from Sawset1 to Sawset2, and Sawset to Sawset1.

The problem I'm having is that whatever is currently in Sawset is being moved to both Sawset1 and Sawset2 regardless of how I set it up. I would like it to operate like a shift. It's currently set up

|pb|--ONS---------------MOV Sawset1-Sawset2
................................|- MOV Sawset -Sawset1

The two MOV instructions are branched. How do I get them to work in sequence?

So it would look like Sawset 87 -> Sawset1 86 -> Sawset2 87
...........................Sawset 106 -> Sawset1 87 -> Sawset2 86
...........................Sawset 87 -> Sawser1 106 -> Sawset2 87

Instead right now I'm getting
...........................Sawset 86 -> Sawset1 86 -> Sawset2 86
...........................Sawset 87 -> Sawset1 87 -> Sawset2 87

I get the same results using two COP instructions set to length 7, which is all I need.

Last edited:
Are you absolutely certain that you have a valid one shot there?
Add another branch, as a test. Make it a simple ADD TEST_DINT 1 TEST_DINT.

Make sure that that only adds one on a button press.

Depends on how it's not working. Based on
Instead right now I'm getting
...........................Sawset 86 -> Sawset1 86 -> Sawset2 86
...........................Sawset 87 -> Sawset1 87 -> Sawset2 87
The ONS appears to be on continuously so multiple MOVs are executed with one button press.

I forgot to mention that I have two different switches just before the ONS. One of them is the joystick on the console, and one is a photo eye out on the chain. They are branched in parallel before the single ONS. Will this cause problems? Should have a separate ONS for each input?

Do a cross reference on the address of the ONS instruction.
It should only show up one single time in the listing.
Also, make sure it isn't a bit in an INT/DINT/REAL/SOME_Other_Datatype that is used elsewhere.

I've done a cross reference and I've definitely only used it once. I'll rename it at lunch when I make the other changes so that its definitely not being used elsewhere.