Step 7 V5.5 Profibus DP System Address Allocation

jwilcoxson

I am currently working on a project where the DP slaves of a CPU 412-DP have their I/O addresses allocated as 1/2 bytes.

For example:
The first slave is a IM151-1, with 4 point DC input modules. Slot 1 uses I0.0-I0.3, Slot 2 uses I0.4-I0.7, Slot 3 I1.0-1.3, etc.

When I create a second station and follow this same pattern using a different CPU, it seems to allocate by whole bytes or even every four bytes. In the example above, the addresses would be I0.0-I0.3, I1.0-I1.3, etc. or even I0.0-I0.3, I4.0-I4.3.

Is there a way to specify how it allocates the addresses? It doesn't seem to let me manually override it to pack two 4PT Inputs into one byte.

Actually I just solved it. Selecting all modules in the DP slave, then hitting the Pack Addresses button takes care of it. I had tried that button before, but didn't have multiple modules selected.