Beckhoff CX9020 Factory Reset

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
I can't for the life of me figure out how to perform a factory reset on a Beckhoff CX9020. There is nothing in the documentation. Help?

Bigger problem, I have this CX9020 that we purchased as a trial. I don't know how it is configured or what network parameters are on it. I'm not sure how to go about figuring it out without a factory reset.

Last edited:
You can re-image the flash card. You can get the image from here:

ftp://ftp.beckhoff.com/software/embPC-Control/CX90xx/CX9020/CE/

Just download, unzip, and copy contents to the SD card. Out of the box they are setup for DHCP, so you can either put it on a network with a DHCP server or plug your laptop directly to it and make sure your laptop is setup for an automatic IP address.

After about 2 minutes, your laptop and the CX9020 will get a default 169.254.xxx.xxx address. At that point you can use System Manager to do a Broadcast Search.

neat option Beckhoff guy told me was to rename the "my documents" folder (might be called documents and settings, etc) Make sure this is the folder within the hard disk, not what the OS shows you for the user. Then reboot. This basically is a factory default without reloading the image. You can get to the file structure by going to start menu/run and type explorer, or browse for explorer.exe

You can re-image the flash card. You can get the image from here:

ftp://ftp.beckhoff.com/software/embPC-Control/CX90xx/CX9020/CE/

Just download, unzip, and copy contents to the SD card. Out of the box they are setup for DHCP, so you can either put it on a network with a DHCP server or plug your laptop directly to it and make sure your laptop is setup for an automatic IP address.

After about 2 minutes, your laptop and the CX9020 will get a default 169.254.xxx.xxx address. At that point you can use System Manager to do a Broadcast Search.

This is ultimately what they ended up recommending.

I'm starting to think Beckhoff needs a wiki and not a prebuilt 'info' system. They have a lot of information missing.