Copy Excel table into RSLogix STRING array

Epy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Topic says it all, is there an easy way to copy an Excel table into a string array in RSLogix?

Yes

3 methods
1) use Archies free AdvancedHMI and write what you need to
2) If this is a one off then save to L5K and find the Tag Values for the array and put them in manually
3) If you have access to OEM version of rslinx or better (Cannot use RSLinx Light) then use DDE in Excel with a bit of VBA programming

Aww archie beat me to it - what are you doing up so early?

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hey everybody, I have a bunch of bits used for diagnostics all compiled into a couple of DINTS. I have an x-ref sheet in Excel that aligns...
Replies
Views
Hello. I used to do this all the time in older versions of RSLogix 5000. I could copy and paste from my UDT to excel, make changes, and then copy...
Replies
Views
I've got a a list of values in a spreadsheet that I want to copy into RSLogix as the default data for the elements of an array (REAL[577]). Is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a huge data array in rslogix 5000 that I would like to move across to excel. I know DDE is an option but I only have the lite...
Replies
Views
How do I get the data from the N16 data file into excel. I'm using RS500, V 8.10. The Tools/Database/ASCII export does not get me there.
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom