Yaskawa MPiec to PanelView Plus over Ethernet/IP

aiki202

Has anyone ever set up a Yaskawa MPiec controller to an AB PanelView Plus terminal over EtherNet/IP? I know these two items can communicate over Modbus TCP but I would like to pass something beyond Bytes and Bools...such as String data types.

Has anyone ever set up a Yaskawa MPiec controller to an AB PanelView Plus terminal over EtherNet/IP? I know these two items can communicate over Modbus TCP but I would like to pass something beyond Bytes and Bools...such as String data types.
Hello!
Any progress with your request? I am facing the same problem today. I am trying to connect a MP2600iec with a Cmore touchscreen EA7/ Modbus/Eth ip. Can you share your progress?

I am not sure how Ethernet/IP can handle different data types than Modbus/TCP. I have done strings(byte array) to 3 different types of HMI's(Pro-Face, Maple System, and Exor) from MPiec controllers. The Yaskawa can certainly convert strings to bytes, but the question is can the Cmore do it.