Vacuum Control help

Elijah58

Guys,
I have a project coming up and was wondering if anyone has run across this before? What I want to do is to have a vacuum tank that will hold up to 120 inches of water column, now this in itself is no problem, what I want to do is use a AB PLC and touch screen to control the vacuum level. First I would like to be able to start the vacuum blower from the touch panel, and be able to have a coarse level adjustment via up and down arrows. Also have a input for direct level setting, such as a 4 digit level indicator that will take direct input numbers. And finally have the vacuum setup with a changeable default setting so that when the vacuum is started it will go to a certain level without starting at zero every time. I would appreciate any help you guys can offer.
and I am thinking of a BOM consisting of:
Small AB PLC
Analog Input Card
Digital Output Card
Small VFD
AB touch Screen
And A vacuum Transducer.

Besides the basics I think this is all the hardware that I need.

Thanks,
Eli

Yes, it appears that you are on the right track. Make sure that your "small AB PLC" will accept the analog Input and Output modules. Probably a AB MicroLogix 1200 would be about right.

Yes, it appears that you are on the right track. Make sure that your "small AB PLC" will accept the analog Input and Output modules. Probably a AB MicroLogix 1200 would be about right.

Thanks Lancie,
I was thinking it was pretty close but always like to get the pro's involved. :)
Eli

And finally have the vacuum setup with a changeable default setting so that when the vacuum is started it will go to a certain level without starting at zero every time.
You could have a default setpoint that is in control for the first X seconds after Start is pressed, as measured by a Start-Up timer. After that timer has finished, then the operator is allowed to use the Up Arrow and Down Arrow on the HMI touch panel to change the vacuum Setpoint value, or type in the value in a Input Box.

Last edited: