FTView SE / FTAE Tag alarms

Mike_RH

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey Gents & Ladies.
I have another question about FactoryTalk Alarms and Events Server.

On the dialog box when creating a tag based alarm, there is a check box "Show alarm as tag".

What does it do?
The online help and user manual are nicely vague. (no surprise there).

On the alarm status tab, if a I populate the field for In alarm tag, I get the same result whether the check box is checked or not. That is the In alarm tag is true when the alarm is active.

There is a warning in the help, don't turn on the show alarm as tag unless you have to, but that's about it.

So what does this feature do ? How do I make use of it? What is the performance penalty if I do?

All help appreciated.

Similar Topics

I am creating a global object in FTView SE 13. I want to have a string read from the PLC and display (in this case the tagname). So lets say...
Replies
Views
I want to set user security level based on the value of a tag in my PLC called "ActiveUser". That tag will contain the A-P code which we use for...
Replies
Views
Hi All, we've recently upgraded from FTView SE v10 to v12. Since the upgrade we've been having a problem where the HMI is slow to update tags in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue accessing tags in 3 of my plcs'. When I go to select a tag there is no folder drop down as can be seen in the photo. Any...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have converted RSView 32 to FTView SE 14 (I have tested FTView 12 before as well and there were some difficulties so I moved on to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom