SICK Coded Light curtain wiring.

bobwithdana

We have a SICK MSL Coded Light curtain on the exit side of the DePalletizer.

The muting module at the bottom has only 2 photo eyes connected to is. Those 2 photo eyes are in an X crisscross pattern one before and one after the curtain. Because they are crossed the pallet blocks them both at close to the same time. One of the cable and photoeyes were damaged in a crash. They were replaced yet we cant get it to work. None of the dip switches have been changed. SICK doesn't seem to want to support it because its obsolete.

Does anyone know how the Muting eyes need to be wired and configured. The curtain works fine it just wont mute

Thanks Bob

The muting photoeyes should be configured to have the output high when the beam is interrupted.

If you are muting using the MSM module, check to see whether or not the dip switches are configured for testable muting sensors. If this is the case, check the wiring on the replaced sensor/cable. According to the documentation, testable sensors work in the "LOW" active state, and non-testable sensors work in a "HIGH" active state. You may have to change the test mode for the sensors, and either re-wire or replace the other original one.

https://www.mysick.com/saqqara/im0012036.pdf